Q. Jobatar has the latest in video technology
Jobatar is FREE for candidates. Jobatar is utilizing the best video recording technology for both the pre recorded and Live interview platforms. Jobatar offers candidates a fantastic experience that is very simple to use. Jobatar’s recording platform removes the hassle that some providers have with having to download Adobe Flash.
Q. What Internet browsers should I use if I am completing a video interview on my laptop/ PC?
Chrome is the browser we recommend using but Jobatar also works very well if you use Safari and Firefox. If you are using Safari, follow these simple steps.
Q. How does the Video Interview work?
- You will receive a personalized branded text message, followed by an email invitation from the recruiter requesting for you to complete the video interview.
- You record your video answers to pre set questions
- You will be able to record, playback, and re- record a practice question, numerous times, so that you get used to the process. The practice question is for your eyes only.
- For each question you have 25 seconds of preparation time before the automatic interview times starts and you begin recording your video answer. When you have finished recording your video answer PRESS the BLUE stop recording button and you will automatically proceed to the next questions.
- Once you have completed recording your final answer, you will be able to sign off with a thank you video, or write a text message.
- Once you have completed the video interview the recruiter or hiring manager will automatically receive an email alerting them that they can review your video interview.
Q. Can I record a practice question?
Absolutely. We recommend that you practice as many times as necessary until you feel comfortable with the process. You can record, playback and record again, as many times as you like. You get to do this after you have logged into the system with your interview code and before the interview starts.
Q. Can I pause the recorded Interview?
You cannot pause when you have started recording a question, however once that question has finished you will be asked if you are ready to take the next question. If you are not then you can log out and return at a later date or time to complete the interview, and when you return you will start from where you left off.
Q. How many Questions do I need to complete?
The recruiter can ask anything from 1-10 questions?
Q. Can I See the questions before the video interview starts?
You are given 25 seconds to prepare for each question after it appears, so that you can position yourself to start the interview. Jobatar interview mimics a face-to-face interview so under normal circumstances you will not be able to see the questions beforehand
Q. What kind of mobile phones and tablets are supported?
Jobatar supports iOS and Android phones and tablets
1) iPhone 6 and 6+ and iPad
2) Most Android phones are supported from version 8 onward
Q. Experiencing Sound/ Volume problems with your smartphone
iOS phones and tablets may ask you to allow the use of microphones. In case you have declined the app access to your microphone previously you have to follow these steps:
1. If the App asks you to allow Jobatar to use your Microphone, click Allow
2. OR go to Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone
Open the Microphone settings and make sure Jobatar has been allowed to use your microphone.
Q. What are the next steps once my Video Interview is completed?
Once you have completed the Video Interview the recruiter will receive an email alerting them to review your video interview. You will then wait to hear feedback from them.
Q. What about my privacy?
Privacy is very important to our clients and us. Jobatar is GDPR compliant. All video interviews are safely secured and encrypted in line with EU data protection laws in state of the art facilities.
Q. My Video is loading very slowly?
Make sure you have a strong Internet connection and when recording the interview on mobile or tablet, make sure you have strong 4G OR Wi-Fi connections.
Also make sure no other application is already using your camera.
Q. Any other tips.
YES, enjoy the experience, it’s a great opportunity to bring your CV to life and gives you the chance to shine!!!!
In the unlikely even that you struggle to complete the video interview please contact [email protected]
The Jobatar support team operates 24/7 and will be able to assist you